ISHS Last Circular: Final Updates
Dear ISHS participant,
This is the last message so please read it carefully – we will only say it once:)
- The latest and most up-to-date of Programme will always be available on our webpage as is the Book of Abstracts, but these will also appear in hard copy in your delegate bags, even if they are not so up-to-date anymore. We apologize for any mistakes we have made there and hope you will approach them with humour.
- All plenaries (link to be announced on Monday) can be watched live (recommend to your friends, family and colleagues!) on our Facebook page and website.
Registration and reception
- …will take place in the Atrium (ground floor, right next to the entrance) of Tallinn University Astra building on all days (except for Thursday, June 28, when we are in Vihula). The address of Astra building is Narva mnt., 29. The registration starts at 8:00 on Monday, June 25, and at 8:30 on other days.
- The opening reception will also take place in the Atrium of Astra Building on June 25 at 19:00
- Please be ready to tell us the name of your accommodation and the number of nights spent in Estonia – we will need it for the reports. We will not misuse this information and if it was just us, you could keep it a secret even from yourself. Thank you for your understanding!
Things to do
- Traveller.ee offers tours: catch a free midday walking tour of the Old Town at the Tallinn Tourist Information Centre
- Visit Tallinn website and Visit Estonia website – browse for events!
- Lunches and dinners (see here for many more):
Near Tallinn University
- Salt Restaurant (Fusion / Exotic): Vase 14
- Cafe Narva (Retro cafe / Local cuisine): Narva mnt. 10
- NOP Cafe and Shop (Eco-friendly / Vegan): J. Köleri 1
In the Old Town
T-shirts come in ORANGE and DARK BLUE. You can order them at the conference registration desk not later than June 26, otherwise we won’t be able to deliver it by the end of the conference week. For those who have pre-ordered them, and also for those who didn’t think of it yet, we have good news: the cost is now only 10 euro. Please have the cash ready at the registration.
You can take a look at what the dark blue (or French Navy) T-shirt looks like here.
Whichever angle you look at it, it will be quite the usual for Midsummer – changeable, chilly in the evenings, with a few drops of rain every once in a while. But generally – especially towards the end of the week – we are counting on an agreeable weather.
Discounts from De Gruyter
As a special gift for you, de Gruyter would like to offer a 20 % discount on selected print publications and up to 35 % discount on selected e-books. You will find further information here.
Discounts from Routledge
During the conference week, Routledge has a discount 20 % for ISHS delegates – the discount code will be announced in our Tuesday email to all ISHS participants. Keep your eyes open for it!
We wish you a safe and pleasant trip to the Estonian capital! Tere tulemast Tallinna!
The conference and the pre-conference doctoral seminar day is organised by Estonian Literary Museum, Tallinn University, the Graduate School of Culture Studies and Arts. It is supported by the European Union, European Regional Development Fund (through Enterprise Estonia conference support grant and ASTRA project of Tallinn University – TU TEE Tallinn University as a promoter of intelligent lifestyle (no 2014-2020.4.01.16-0033), activity D41), Estonian Cultural Endowment, and the Estonian Literary Museum (Centre of Excellence in Estonian Studies).