ISHS Second Circular: May Updates
Dear ISHS participant,
Are you already crossing off days on your calendar? Here is a little something to help you cope with your anticipation until Tallinn ISHS 2018 conference actually begins:
- Please find the link to the updated tentative version of the programme(HERE). We have added the information about the poster session and shuffled the programme just a little bit. As we are waiting for some of the participants’ attendance confirmations (might that be you who is keeping us awake at nights?), there may still be changes in the programme.
- Check your names and presentation titles! If you want to introduce any changes in your title / abstract for a substantive reason, please notify us directly via email; do not modify the registration form.
- The updated version of the programme also includes the outline for the pre-conference doctoral seminar which will take place on June 25th. Doctoral seminar acceptance notifications have been sent out earlier this month and the lists of doctoral school participants are now finalized.
- The opening reception will take place at 19:00 on June 25th. All registered conference participants are welcome to attend it. On June 26th we are having an informal comedy contest – sign up and perform in any format you please! June 28th will be spent outside of Tallinn in Vihula manor; buses will take us there in the morning and back to Tallinn in the late evening. Keep in mind not to leave before the customarily eventful ISHS members general meeting on June 29th at 18:00.
- We are also putting together a film programme for the conference. If any of you are willing to contribute a docu-comedy, a mockumentary or any other kind of humorous film, please notify us via email (preferably also send a Vimeo link or similar) so that our film curator Carlo Cubero can consider it for the programme.
- Some of the conference hotels still offer special fees to ISHS 2018 participants: Seaport hotel and Park Inn are open for your reservations (they have extended their booking deadlines until May 31st).
- To speed up the registration process, we would kindly ask you to share your hotel name with us prior to the conference. Big thanks to those who have already done it!
- Please note that all registration fees are to be paid by June 1st! If you have difficulty paying your fee by this date, please let us know.
- If you are unable to attend the conference, please be courteous and notify us as soon as possible. Canceling your participation right before the conference will result in last-minute scheduling changes that may cause significant headaches to other participants.
Follow the news and play the new game
The conference and the pre-conference doctoral seminar day is organised by Estonian Literary Museum, Tallinn University, the Graduate School of Culture Studies and Arts. It is supported by the European Union, European Regional Development Fund (through Enterprise Estonia conference support grant and ASTRA project of Tallinn University – TU TEE Tallinn University as a promoter of intelligent lifestyle (no 2014-2020.4.01.16-0033), activity D41), Estonian Cultural Endowment, and the Estonian Literary Museum (Centre of Excellence in Estonian Studies).