HOLY GROVES AROUND THE BALTIC SEA
- Holy Places around the Baltic Sea. Tartu, Estonia, May 4-6, 2007.
- Natural Holy Places in Archaeology and Folklore in the Baltic Sea Region.
Kernavė, Lithuania, May 2-4, 2008.
- Natural Holy Places or Holy Places in Nature. Turaida, Latvia, May 7-9, 2009.
- Water, Borders and Boundaries. Turku, Finland, May 6-8, 2010.
- Locations and Relations of Natural Holy Places in the Baltic Sea Region. Kętrzyn, Poland, May 5-8, 2011.
- Sacred Landscapes in the Baltic Sea Region. Kaliningrad, Russia, May 17-19, 2012.
- Complexity and Regional Aspects of Natural Holy Places. St. Petersburg, Russia, May 14-16, 2013.
Close cooperation on the topics of religion and archaeology between the University of Turku in Finland (Timo Muhonen, Juha Ruohonen, Sonja Hukantaival), the University of Manchester, UK (Tim Insoll) and Estonian Literary
Museum Department of Folkloristcs (Tõnno Jonuks).
Experiments: In cooperation with Ester Oras, we attempt to find a multitude of different ways in object analysis by applying chemical and physical methods, using SEM, XRF and other techniques.